Overview of the role
Use online and social media platforms to design, build and implement campaigns and drive customer sales.
Details of standard
The primary role of a digital marketer is to define, design, build and implement digital campaigns across a variety of online and social media platforms to drive customer acquisition, customer engagement and customer retention. A digital marketer will typically be working as part of a team, in which they will have responsibility for some of the straightforward elements of the overall marketing plan or campaign. The marketer will work to marketing briefs and instructions. They will normally report to a digital marketing manager, a marketing manager or an IT Manager.
Typical Job Roles
Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, Digital Marketing Technologist.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria, but this might include GCSEs, A levels, a level 2 apprenticeship or other relevant qualifications, relevant experience and/or an aptitude test with a focus on functional maths. Employers are likely to be looking for a proven passion for digital and social media.
- Written communication: applies a good level of written communication skills for a range of audiences and digital platforms and with regard to the sensitivity of communication
- Research: analyses and contributes information on the digital environment to inform short and long term digital communications strategies and campaigns
- Technologies: recommends and applies effective, secure and appropriate solutions using a wide variety of digital technologies and tools over a range of platforms and user interfaces to achieve marketing objectives
- Data: reviews, monitors and analyses online activity and provides recommendations and insights to others
- Customer service: responds efficiently to enquiries using online and social media platforms.
- Problem solving: applies structured techniques to problem solving, and analyses problems and resolves issues across a variety of digital platforms
- Analysis: understands and creates basic analytical dashboards using appropriate digital tools
- Implementation: builds and implements digital campaigns across a variety of digital media platforms
- Applies at least two of the following specialist areas: search marketing, search engine optimisation, e mail marketing, web analytics and metrics, mobile apps and Pay-Per-Click
- Uses digital tools effectively
- Digital analytics: measures and evaluates the success of digital marketing activities
- Interprets and follows:
- latest developments in digital media technologies and trends
- marketing briefs and plans
- company defined ‘customer standards’ or industry good practice for marketin
- company, team or client approaches to continuous integration
- Can operate effectively in their own business’s, their customers’ and the industry’s environments